Recently, I stepped forward in faith and filed for an open local school board seat. Many have asked me why I felt compelled to do this. Trust me, I have thought long and hard and know that I have made a well-thought-out decision.
My reasons are numerous for running for this position.
- I love my community and know this is how I can serve the students, teachers, and families in our area.
- I moved back to my hometown of Granbury, Texas four years ago. This is a community where I received my Jr. High and High School education!
- Granbury ISD prepared me very well for life after high school.
- Before my real estate career 16 years ago, I was a high school Biology teacher. I have first-hand experience in the classroom teaching a core subject.
- I have a child in this school district who just entered the 3rd grade. He will have many years in our schools.
- Our local schools are our most important community assets.
- All children deserve the best education possible.
- I have continued to strive for higher education in my own life. I believe we should all continue to learn as long as we can. A solid early education is critical in order to develop a love of learning.
- Schools provide children with life-skills needed as they grow up.
- Teachers deserve respect and recognition for the important jobs they are doing.
I am honored to be able to have the opportunity to give back. I am running for the open seat position 7. The election is on November 3, 2020.
I am prepared and ready to serve on the Granbury Independent School District School Board. For those who live in our school district, I humbly ask for your vote! Blessings and thank you.